Do You Need Battery Backup for Your Long Island Home Solar System?
Solar is one of the most valuable investments that you can make in your home. A Long Island home solar system will reduce your monthly utility spending and with the right system, you can generate a strong return over time.
A basic Long Island solar installation can give you energy independence. With battery backup, a Long Island home solar system can become even more efficient, versatile, and reliable.
Learn about the advantages of battery backup for your Long Island home solar system and find out if this is the best option for your unique needs.
The Advantages of a Long Island Home Solar System
A long island solar installation provides three key advantages for you and your family to enjoy…
- Solar on Long Island NY is more affordable than taking all your electricity from the grid. Your monthly electric bills will shrink when you have a Long Island home solar system.
- Long Island solar installation can increase the value of your home. Even if you don’t have plans to sell, solar gives you more potential for the future.
- Solar is environmentally friendly. Once active, solar panels are carbon-neutral with zero emissions. Energy used to produce solar panels is offset throughout the system’s lifetime.
On Long Island, we pay some of America’s highest electric utility rates. Solar will give you more financial freedom to save, reinvest in your home, or plan for retirement.
Not Every Long Island NY Solar Installation is the Same
A Long Island NY solar installation can be more reliable than electricity from the grid, but it needs to be configured with the right components.
A standard Long Island NY solar installation without a battery backup will have a couple of key limitations…
- In the evenings, panels will shut down and you’ll buy electricity from the grid.
- In the event of an outage, your Long Island NY solar installation will shut down to protect the grid and the people working on it.
Even considering these limitations, solar returns incredible value to homeowners. But, if you want more energy independence and reliability no matter what’s happening on the grid, you will need a Long Island NY solar installation with battery backup.
How Battery Backup Delivers More Value with Solar on Long Island NY
A battery backup system for solar on Long Island NY enhances the benefits of solar to increase savings and reliability.
- During a grid outage, your home will still have electricity. Battery backup stores energy from Solar on Long Island NY that can be deployed when the grid goes down.
- Electric rates are highest at peak times when the sun goes down. With battery backup and solar on Long Island NY, your system could deploy electricity, so you don’t have to rely as much on the grid.
- Battery backup can be integrated to deliver electricity to specific circuits in your home, or the entire home, depending on how much you want to invest and how much space you have available for the physical equipment.
It’s best to install battery backup at the same time as your Long Island solar installation. You’ll be able to take advantage of generous government incentives and tax benefits. Your solar installer will also design the system with fewer conversion steps to get electricity into the battery backup, which increases efficiency.
A Long Island solar installation with battery backup gives you all the advantages of solar panels with increased versatility and reliability. You can talk to a solar professional at Long Island Power Solutions to learn how much you could save with a fully integrated Long Island NY solar installation.
We Deliver a Service Beyond Other Solar Panel Companies on Long Island
Comparing solar panel companies on Long Island is about more than just the money. You need to choose from solar panel companies on Long Island that are committed to delivering value over time.
Our customers trust Long Island Power Solutions even when compared to some of the best solar panel companies on Long Island. This is because we…
- Offer flexible split-financing with no money down.
- Can fully integrate solar panels with battery backup or generator solutions.
- We’re an NYSERDA approved contractor meeting the highest industry standards.
- Can help you to make the most of tax benefits and other incentives.
- Install solar that generates ongoing savings and returns.
- Offer ongoing support with a 25-Year Warranty.
Understanding the advantages of not only solar panels, but battery backup systems can help you to make an informed decision that meets your needs. We offer detailed cost/benefit analysis in your solar consultation.
We provide the information. You make the choice.
Get your free estimate for a Long Island home solar system today.