Everything You Need to Know About Solar Panel Reliability
Installing solar at home is one of the best things you can do to save money and lower your carbon footprint. While solar is a significant investment when looking at the total cost, the returns are even bigger, so your system can eventually pay for itself over time. You won’t have to pay for the installation upfront. Our SMART solar financing program keeps everything accessible. Solar panel reliability is one of the factors that makes solar a fantastic investment. Learn about reliability and maintenance and talk to local experts today to get your free home solar estimate.
What are the Factors That Affect Solar Panel Reliability?
There are a few key factors that can affect the reliability and durability of solar panels. With a trusted installer like Long Island Power Solutions, you’ll get the most reliable solution for your home.
Here’s what can affect solar reliability on Long Island…
- Solar Panel Quality – The overall quality of the panel can affect reliability. It’s important to get panels from a trusted manufacturer. Long Island Power Solutions has partnered with the world’s most trusted solar panel companies, including Q Cells and Tesla.
- Installation Quality – The installation can affect the durability of solar panels. When done right, solar panels will last for decades. The hardware and techniques used are both important. Our team complies with all industry standards while adhering to manufacturer guidelines. We use low-penetration racking and flashing to ensure that solar panels are stable in all weather conditions.
- Monitoring – A monitored system will be inherently more reliable because any fluctuations in performance will be noted and investigated. Our team provides service and support throughout a 25-year warranty period and our installations on Long Island are actively monitored.
- Inverters – The quality of the inverters used for the installation can affect overall reliability. We use microinverters rather than a single inverter. This improves efficiency and eliminates a single point of failure. With each panel having a reliable microinverter, there’s less risk of early-life failures.
- Location and Climate – Where you live can affect solar panel reliability. Long Island sees some harsh weather but nothing that would affect long-term solar reliability and durability. The panels we use are designed to withstand wind, rain, snow, hail, and intense heat.
Our team has experience installing more than 5,000 solar systems for families and businesses. Our experience and familiarity with our products mean we can provide the most reliable solar solutions in the state. With our warranty and long-term support, you’ll have peace of mind when investing in clean energy at home.
Paying for Your Solar Installation with SMART Solar Financing
With reliability that lasts decades, not just years, solar will pay dividends. You can invest in a solar system without having to pay for everything upfront. If you own your home and have a good credit score you can apply for SMART solar financing. Our financing is available with no money down and there’s an interest-free period backed by expected solar tax credits.
We will help you to understand the tax credits and incentives that apply in your case. Current incentives and credits will significantly reduce the actual cost of switching to solar. The federal solar tax credit is currently worth up to 30% of your total solar installation bill.
Start your consultation with our team to learn more about financing and benefits.
Your Free Home Solar Estimate is the First Step Towards Reliable Solar
With ongoing support, system monitoring, and the best technology and installation methods, our team ensures solar panel reliability on Long Island. Choose the best installers and enjoy peace of mind. Our team is ready to provide your free home solar estimate and cost/benefit analysis, so you can see just how good an investment solar could be.