Fort Salonga Solar Panels – How Do They Work and What are the Benefits?
Solar power has become a hot topic in the last five years. As America seeks to improve its energy security and stability, solar has been widely adopted for grid-based energy. More notably, solar panels have become common on rooftops throughout Long Island, the rest of New York, and the nation.
Fort Salonga solar panels come with some significant advantages. Learn about the benefits and how solar panels work, and get your free solar estimate from an experienced team
How do Solar Panels Work?
Solar panels work by converting sunlight into electricity. When photons in sunlight hit the solar panels, they interact with the electrons in silicon cells. Charged particles, both positive and negative, flow through the panel and out into an inverter for use in your home. Solar panel efficiency has increased significantly over time, resulting in more electricity generated and a better overall return on investment.
The efficiency helps to balance the solar cost in Fort Salonga NY. Just a generation ago, solar didn’t make sense for the average home due to the high cost and low efficiency. Today, solar not only pays for itself, but it generates long-term savings that last for decades.
Incentives Help with Solar Cost in Fort Salonga NY
The cost of solar has decreased over time as manufacturing methods have evolved. There are now large economies of scale at play, so getting an installation is relatively affordable when considering the savings.
Beyond this, the solar cost in Fort Salonga NY has been lowered with the help of solar incentives. These come in a few different varieties.
- New York State offers an income tax credit worth up to $5,000 based on the cost of the installation.
- The Federal Government provides a 30% income tax credit based on the cost of the installation. This is calculated using the total bill, including solar panels, other equipment, battery systems, and labor.
- NYSERDA, the New York State energy regulator, provides a direct incentive to approved contractors, which is taken off the top of the bill.
All of this combines to make Fort Salonga solar panels more accessible to the average family. You can learn about the cost with a consultation and free solar estimate in Fort Salonga.
What are the Key Benefits of Going Solar?
There are clear advantages to installing solar at home…
- You can save money because your solar panels will reduce your reliance on the grid. Over time, you can generate enough savings to offset the cost of installation. Beyond this, all the savings go straight into your wallet. Solar panels last an average of 25 – 30 years, so the return is long-lasting.
- With Net Metering, you can generate credits on your utility account based on excess solar energy that you export back to the grid.
- Solar can protect you from outages if you install a solar battery backup system.
- Solar energy is clean energy. You can reduce your carbon footprint while saving money.
The cost of electricity on Long Island is outrageous. Installing solar will give you energy independence with less reliance on your utility company.
Get a Free Solar Estimate in Fort Salonga
Fort Salonga solar panels could be exactly what you need to save money, protect the environment, and secure your energy independence. You can learn about the cost with a free solar estimate in Fort Salonga. Long Island Power Solutions is one of the top solar providers in Fort Salonga. With more than 5,000 installations completed already, we’re the best choice when you’re ready to make the switch.