US Solar Production Increased by 25% in 2021
As our nation shifts to focus on clean renewable energy sources, solar power has emerged as the leading driver of change. In 2021, U.S. solar production increased by 25%, and the total energy produced by solar panels is expected to exceed coal before the end of 2022.
For families considering Long Island solar, strong growth in the industry is a sign of confidence and a point of reassurance.
Solar Generation Increasing Year Over Year
2021 was a challenging year for families, businesses, and the nation as a whole. With rising inflation, household savings were brought into focus. Long Island solar is one of the most effective ways to reduce the cost of owning a home, and residential installations across the U.S. have had a strong influence on growth across the board.
In 2021, total solar production increased by 25.23%. Renewable sources are now responsible for 21.02% of America’s total electricity production.
The increase in production exceeded analyst estimates. In addition to reducing our reliance on unsustainable and destructive sources, the switch to solar is generating thousands of jobs in America and abroad, while pumping billions of dollars back into the economy.
Solar is expected to surpass 22% of total U.S. electricity production by the end of the year, putting it firmly ahead of coal. This puts solar well on the way to a target of powering 30% of the nation’s needs by 2030.
How Does the Rise in Solar Utilization Affect Families and Long Island Solar?
While utility-scale generation is increasing, the majority of the growth is in private home and commercial solar installations. New York is a hotspot of solar utilization. More than 108,000 homes in New York are powered by solar energy. Rooftop installations have become more affordable in recent years, especially in places like New York City and Long Island.
The average cost of installation has become more affordable thanks to improvements in manufacturing technology and generous benefits offered by the Federal and State governments. From property tax benefits to the 26% credit offered Federally, government incentives can account for up to 50% of the cost of installation in some situations.
Their savings generated by solar are significant for a family over time. Solar payback time (the time it takes for the system to pay for itself in savings) averages around 8.7 years. Considering that systems last beyond 25 years when installed by experts, families will continue to enjoy returns for decades.
How Can Your Family Join the Solar Revolution?
Long Island solar saves money for families in several ways…
- With solar panels on the roof, grid utilization is lower, dramatically reducing bills.
- Net metering allows families to export solar for credits on the bill.
- With battery storage for Long Island solar, the home can become energy independent.
Financing a system is simple and for qualified customers, there’s an interest-free period with no money down. Tax benefits and incentives are used to cover the interest-free period, while the remainder is added to a second loan with a competitive interest rate.
Long Island Power Solutions is a leading installer in Long Island and has connected more than 5,000 homes to clean, reliable, and affordable solar.
The Process to Have Long Island Solar Installed
The ease of the solar installation process has contributed to increased utilization in Long Island and throughout the U.S.
Long Island Power Solutions has developed a simple process to make it easier for families to get connected with rooftop solar.
- Homeowners start with a Long Island solar consultation and energy evaluation. Software is used to determine solar production potential. A cost/benefit analysis determines the savings throughout the lifetime of the potential solar system.
- An on-site survey checks the entire premises. The roof is evaluated to ensure it can support solar panels. Drone technology, software, and physical inspection determine solar production within a 10% margin of error for any time of the year.
- The best Long Island solar installers take care of permitting in-house to keep things simple and stress-free for homeowners. The installation is scheduled as soon as permits are approved, and the actual work is completed within a single day.
- Technicians visit the home on installation day, install the panels, microinverters, and take care of all the wiring. Battery backup will be installed if ordered and the system is connected to the home.
- Everything is checked for safety and compliance and there’s an in-home welcome meeting to introduce the family to the new system and how it works.
Solar allows for remote monitoring of consumption and battery storage. Long Island Power Solutions provides training for every customer. Systems are monitored 24/7 and are installed with a 25-Year warranty.
It’s Time to Switch to Long Island Solar
The increase in U.S. solar production is part of a larger trend where families seek more affordable electricity with independence from the grid. New York’s grid is aging, and it has become notoriously unreliable in recent years. Solar with battery backup can provide emergency power even when the grid goes down. Long Island solar works throughout the year and low-production months are offset by the times of the year when the days are longer, and the sun is in the optimal position.
The price of electricity from the grid is increasing. The cost of Long Island solar is coming down. There’s no good reason for families not to switch to solar.
Begin Consultation with Long Island Power Solutions
The team at Long Island Power Solutions has a passion for efficiency. We can develop a solar solution for your home so that you can join America’s shift to solar and save money along the way. We are committed to providing solutions that fit the needs of every household. You can enjoy energy independence with a system that works seamlessly.
Solar is the most important driver of energy change in America. Talk to us today for a free estimate and find out how solar can work for you.